Enjoy reading The Iliad of Homer ebook with auto-scrolling, day and night viewing modes, bookmarks, multiple font sizes, full screen viewing in portrait and landscape orientations, and more!
• AUTO-SCROLL: Hands free reading with our advanced variable speed auto-scrolling.
• FULL SCREEN VIEW: No tab, navigation, or toolbars to get in your viewing way.
• BOOKMARK CONTROLS: Bookmarking lets you start up where you left off fast.
• MULTIPLE FONT SIZES: Increase or decrease the text size quickly and easily.
• DAY & NIGHT MODES: Switch from day to night mode at the touch of a finger.
• PORTRAIT & LANDSCAPE: Read your eBook in portrait or landscape position.
• AUTO SETTINGS: Your viewer settings are automatically saved and loaded.
• COPY & PASTE: Copy and paste selected text to other apps.
• TEXT MAGNIFICATION: Magnify text for easier reading.
• And more!
eBook Media Viewer Series #18
Title: The Iliad of Homer
Details: Fully Illustrated
The Iliad is an epic poem in dactylic hexameters, traditionally attributed to Homer. Set in the Trojan War, the ten-year siege of Ilium by a coalition of Greek states, it tells of the battles and events during the weeks of a quarrel between King Agamemnon and the warrior Achilles. Although the story covers only a few weeks in the final year of the war, the Iliad mentions or alludes to many of the Greek legends about the siege.
Along with the Odyssey, also attributed to Homer, the Iliad is among the oldest extant works of Western literature, and its written version is usually dated to around the eighth century BC. The Iliad contains approximately 15,700 lines, and is written in a literary amalgam of several Greek dialects.