TapVenice is the iPhone edition of Venice Osterie by Michela Scibilia. For the past 20 years, Michela’s handbook, now in its sixth edition, has been Venetians’ favourite guide to eating out in their own city.
The guide contains only restaurants personally selected by Michela, who has lived in Venice for more than 30 years. What you won’t find in TapVenice is paid advertisements or sponsored recommendations. TapVenice does not require an internet connection. Maps can be consulted offline.
- individual restaurant profiles with key information: closing days, telephone numbers and opening hours.
- a description of each eatery, with price band.
- restaurants, wine bars, specialist food stores, pastry shops, farm outlets, bars and chocolate shops.
- a multiple-choice search function: Perhaps you are in Venice with children and you want an affordable fish meal? Or you want to book dinner somewhere romantic on a Monday when lots of Venetian restaurants are closed? Search will find the places that match your requirements from the 202 featured eateries.
- eatery selection by category, by tag – “good wines”, “scenic view”, “children tolerated”, “open till late”, “upmarket”, “informal”, “outside tables” – or by time of day: breakfast, midday meal, aperitif, evening meal, snack, pizza, after dinner and takeaway.
- an illustrated glossary to help you identify typical products and try out new tastes.
- included are 30 eateries around Venice on other islands in the lagoon and on the mainland.
- a feedback button so you can send your opinion to Michela. She might even be at the table next to yours.
The application contains the Italian version and English.