Use your iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad as a throttle for model railroad control!
**PLEASE NOTE** This App is not a stand-alone product! Other hardware and software are required.
WiThrottle Lite is the free version of WiThrottle.
Link to the popular JMRI software through a local Wi-Fi network to access throttle, address, and function controls wirelessly.
Digital Command Control (DCC) is now the most common control method for earnest model railroaders, allowing multiple trains to be controlled simultaneously anywhere on the track. JMRI is an interface program that works with most brands of DCC and is very popular because it simplifies DCC programming, signaling, control, and many other aspects of running a permanent layout. It is also free and multi-platform.
Instead of direct control through the DCC system, WiThrottle Lite links with JMRI. This provides a universal interface to many possible combinations of technology and model railroads. As DCC evolves, JMRI is updated as needed to match current technology.
- JMRI 2.8 or higher, 4.4 or newer recommended
- DCC interfaced to a computer and a model railroad
- Local Wi-Fi network
If you operate at either a club or private home that uses JMRI for operations and has Wi-Fi, access to the local network (host may need to share their password) is all you need. Multiple iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad mobile devices may use their own WiThrottle or WiThrottle Lite simultaneously during an operating session. WiThrottle Lite allows you to confirm compatibility at no cost before buying the full App.
Please visit our website for additional information. Our goal is to enhance your model railroading experience by providing convenient, wireless control of your existing system. WiThrottle is the final piece of the puzzle.
- No time limits or expiration on use
- Fully functional basic DCC throttle
- Speed and direction control
- F0 - F28 functions
- Acquire addresses wirelessly
- Adjust sensitivity of the throttle slider
- Train idles if interrupted (e.g. phone call)
- Automatic networking
- Flashlight for devices equipped with camera flash
WiThrottle Lite will integrate seamlessly if:
- you can already control a train using the built-in throttles of JMRI 2.8 or later
- your iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad can access your local wireless network (not cellular or Bluetooth)