LightTracker keeps you connected with our two main sources of natural light in the sky: the sun and the moon.
The interface has been designed so that you can easily change the date and time and see the effect on their position in the sky.
With it, you will discover the joy of:
- Locating the moon in the daytime sky (yes, you can find it easily even if it's a crescent moon, but you have to know where to look… LightTracker gives you its live position in the sky and a photorealistic display of its shape)
- Knowing what the moon phase will be for any date. You can plan your next night trekking session, knowing what the natural lighting conditions will be.
- Knowing precisely when the sun will rise and set at any date & time (you will also get the twilights and solar noon info as a bonus)
- Being ready for the perfect picture framing of a moonrise, moonset, sunrise or sunset by knowing where to look in the sky and at exactly what time. For example, if you read that the sun (or moon) rises at 8:06am tomorrow, change the time to 8:06am and the date to tomorrow and read the exact position in the sky.
- Knowing in advance the perfect natural lighting conditions for your outdoors photography sessions.
There are many other uses possible, including the perfect positioning of solar panels based on your location, determining when to avoid sunbathing (around solar noon) and prevent those bad burns, etc….
- Live display of UTC time
- Live display of position of the Sun in the sky
- Twilight, Sunrise, Sunset and solar noon information for any date
- Live display of the position of the Moon in the sky
- Display of the moon age and phase for any date
- Photorealistic moon phase display for each day of the lunar month
- Display of the moon rise and set events for any date
- Automatic location