The AnswersIn Medicine Irritable Bowel Syndrome module contains over 50 minutes of high quality videos on the topic from Professor Owen Epstein, a leading specialist in the condition. The modules have been produced in association with University College London Business (UCLB) plc and are based on the latest British Society of Gastroenterology Guidelines.
Each video covers an aspect of the condition delivered as an engaging interview and accompanied by illustrations and animations:
- Introduction (6m 56s) - General introduction to the condition
- Causes (15m 28s) - Current theories on the cause and triggers of irritable bowel syndrome
- Clinical features (11m 18s) - A comprehensive overview of symptoms, examination findings, investigations and diagnosis
- Principles of management (7m 30s) - The general approach to management of the condition
- Drug Treatment (10m 42s) - The role of drugs, diet and alternative therapies
In addition to the videos, each section is accompanied by bullet point text summaries which provide an at a glance overview of each topic.
Also included is a "Clinical History" section outlining all the key questions to ask when diagnosing Irritable Bowel Syndrome.
The information is delivered to the standard required for medical and nursing graduates and undergraduates, but the engaging videos are equally accessible to patients wanting to find out more about their condition.
The module is part of the AnswersIn series, delivering specialist level knowledge to your iPhone / iPad device, providing access to high quality medical information and learning on the move.