"Malaysian cabbies dirtier than toilets" - Datuk Seri Nazri Aziz, Minister in the Prime Minister’s Department.
Everyday, thousands of tourists and Malaysians rely on taxis for transportation. Sadly, Malaysian taxi drivers often take advantage of passengers by refusing to use meters, providing bad service and charge exorbitantly. Tourists often complain about Malaysian taxis.
The Kuala Lumpur Taxi Guide is your complete guide to using taxi services in Klang Valley.
- Directory of contact numbers of reputable radio taxi companies.
- Fare estimator that takes the user's start and end locations to calculate an approximate fare for the trip. Use the estimated fare as a guide so you know when you are overcharged.
- Fare estimation can be customized to take into account additional factors that will affect the estimation, such as traffic jams and midnight surcharge.
- Fare estimation also shows a summary of the journey so that you know which road to take, in case the taxi driver doesn't know the way, or in case the taxi driver is taking you for a ride!
- List of handy tips to remember whenever you take the taxi.
- Link to the Commercial Vehicle Licensing Board hotline number to report errant taxi drivers.