The premier calculator for 3D photography and film. IOD Calc ensures accurate 3D filming and replaces trial and error techniques currently applied. There is no need for guess work with IOD Calc!
Designed for, and used by, amateur student film makers to industry professionals.
"The guys at Speedwedge thought of everything for this app, its absolutely brilliant and the perfect front pocket companion for any 3D shoot"
BdoubleU426, US App Store Reviews
"Very slick app! This app is a must for any DOP or stereographer on set! Quick, smart and simple"
TCS - DF, US App Store Reviews
- Calculates the inter-ocular distance needed for each camera setup based on measurements from set.
- Set a fixed inter-ocular distance and calculate the distances so you know where you can place the camera and subjects in the field of view
- The sliders are logarithmic so you get finer control at the short end.
- Suitable for Motion Picture and Stills work, Film or Electronic cameras.
- Best of all it's fast and intuitive.
The IOD Calc is an essential tool for film-makers taking on the latest 3D revolution. IOD Calc features include:
- Handy sliders and nudge buttons to set the distances to the nearest and farthest objects in the scene, as well as the desired convergence point - whether or not you converge in camera or post.
- Computes roundness factor so you can match the apparent depth from shot to shot even when changing lenses and setup.
- Calculates the foreground and background divergences as percentages and actual distances for your chosen screen size and limits the background divergence to prevent hyper infinities.
- Operates in metric and imperial.
- Outdoor/Indoor mode; Indoor mode limits the distances to 30m to give more precision
- Large list of built-in sensors, including the Panasonic AG-3DA1