Birds Of Britain Pro is a guide to 299 British birds, with specially written text, professionally produced bird songs and calls, and carefully selected photos showing a variety of plumages. You can add your own photos to the app to compliment the images provided and to really make the app your own. In addition, this is the only quality bird app to include extensive record keeping features, with iCloud syncing to keep your data safe.
"A twitcher's dream" - Matt Bingham, The Sunday Times
Selected by Apple for their "What's Hot" list since launch.
Birds of Britain Pro is a field guide:
• High quality photos for each bird, showing a selection of male, female, juvenile, alternate plumage, flight image and nest
• For many birds, an annotated photo shows key features, to help distinguish similar species
• Add your own photos of the bird or its habitat
• Specially written text covers rarity status, distribution, appearance, habitat, diet, lifespan, nesting habits, and more
• Recordings of songs and calls
• European distribution map for each bird
• Make a shortlist of favourite birds for fast access
• 'Here and Now' feature shows birds in your part of the country and this time of year
• Search by name, scientific name, part of name
• Sort alphabetically by name or second name, by taxonomic group, or by length
Birds of Britain Pro is a bird identifier:
• Use the 'Bird Finder' for fast identification of unknown birds
• Enter details such as size, colour, bill length and other features, date, habitat and location to select a shortlist
• Results are presented as a display of photos so that you can quickly spot the best match
Birds of Britain Pro is a record keeper:
• Mark birds as seen, note the location, time and date, make notes, view your records on a map or as a list, and download as an Excel file.
• Add your own photos to your sightings
• The app includes iCloud syncing so that your sightings will automatically synchronise across your devices (it is initially off, so if you would like to use it, please go to the Settings section of the app to enable it).
• You can transfer your sightings to someone else's device by using the email back-up.
• In addition to the 298 birds featured, the app also recognises the names of over 700 species and subspecies, so that you can record sightings of these birds.
We have many years experience of developing biological software and this has enabled us to pack the app full of features while keeping it simple and easy to use.
========= Our Bird Apps =========
We have been making apps since the App Store started in 2008, and now have a range of bird and bird song apps for all iOS devices - iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad & Apple Watch.
--------------- Chirp! ---------------
Chirp! is specifically designed for the identification and learning of birdsongs.
----------- ChirpOMatic -----------
ChirpOMatic is our automatic (‘shazam-style’) birdsong ID app.
---- Bird Guide Pro & Pocket Birds ----
These are our reference bird guides, with photos, sounds, notes etc, plus features for recording sightings. Bird Guide Pro is our top-of-the-range app, while Pocket Birds is the budget version.
========= About us =========
We aim to do business in an ethical way. We are truthful in claims about our apps and we do not pay for reviews. If you think that our behaviour ever falls short of the mark, then please let us know.
To keep up with the latest news or to get in touch:
Find out more: http://www.spinysoft.co.uk
Find out more (ChirpOMatic): http://www.chirpomatic.com
Facebook (Nature Guides): www.facebook.com/ispinynatureguides
Facebook (Chirp! & Chirpomatic birdsong apps): www.facebook.com/chirpbirdsongs
Shazam® is the registered trademark of Shazam Entertainment Limited and is not affiliated with iSpiny in any way.