INSIGHT TIMER - MEDITATION APP
Insight Timer is the most popular free meditation app with over 1.1 million meditators and thousands of 5 star reviews. We have 2,700 free guided meditations ranging from mindfulness and anxiety to sleep disorders and stress. We also have guided meditations from 750 different meditation teachers. Our 12 free meditation playlists include morning meditations, meditation music, and meditation podcasts.
With beautiful Tibetan singing bowls and a dynamic worldwide community, Insight Timer is the fun and connected way to support your meditation practice. If you're new to meditation you'll find more than 3,000 free guided meditations and a supportive community to get started. If you're an experienced meditator you'll feel right at home with our beautiful Tibetan singing bowls and guided meditations by experienced teachers that you know and respect.
The app includes:
- The most popular free meditation Timer on the App Store
- 8 deeply peaceful bells recorded with the highest quality digital audio equipment making them crystal clear with extra long fade outs.
- Mesmerizing Ambient sounds which play in the background for a more relaxing meditation session
- 2,700 guided meditations from 750 of your favourite teachers including Eckhart Tolle, Pak Merta Ada, Thich Nhat Hanh, Tara Brach, Jack Kornfield and many more.
- 1,000+ discussion groups ranging from Buddhism to Sleeping patterns and Rumi poems to Addiction.
- 2,000+ local meet-up groups for connecting with people locally and enhancing your meditation practice
- 8 different activities including Meditation, Yoga, Tai Chi, Walking, Breathing, Chanting, Prayer, and Healing
- Stats, Milestones, and Journal entries
* * * * * * * * * *
- You'll love our bells! Recorded with the highest quality digital audio equipment, these bell samples are amazing. Crystal clear with extra long fade outs. They sound great with the built-in speaker, but to get the full effect, try using headphones or external speakers.
- Choose from eight different bells of varying size and metal compositions - from bright and clean to deep and complex with lovely overtones. A wood block sound is also included.
- Bells can be configured to ring at the start, the end, and at specified (or random) times during your session. Each bell can be set to ring once, twice or three times. The delay between strikes is configurable from 1 to 20 seconds.
- Powerful logging and statistics features allow you to track your progress over time. Multiple charts, a complete session log and helpful statistics give you a complete picture of how your practice is evolving.
- Presets allow you to save an unlimited number of configurations and assign names to them. If you have multiple meditation routines (such as Morning and Evening), this makes it easy to switch between them without any configuration changes.
- Milestones are awarded for significant achievements as your practice progresses.
- Meditation Journal: You may enter notes about each session when the timer ends - a practice that many people find to be helpful and therapeutic. Your journal entries can be exported via an email attachment.
- Bells will ring even when the device is locked so you can turn off the screen to save power and eliminate ambient light.
- Optionally vibrate with or instead of bells.
- Bells will ring even if silent switch is on.