New in version 1.96:
• Overall software updates to improve performance and leverage iOS5.
• Facebook is added to the "Share" option for each landmark. You can directly post information about each landmark to your wall, with a customized note.
• A “tab bar” is added to the map – now you can easily search by location or street, change the map type, and set preferences without leaving the map.
• A Street View image has been added for each landmarked site.
• Several new photos have been added (thanks to Wikipedia) such as the Ghirardelli Building, the Transamerica Building, and the Hotaling Complex.
• Search distance and miles vs. kilometers are now preferences. You don’t have to set these each time you do a search. You can easily change the search radius, and switch from miles to kilometers, from a Preferences button.
Landmarks: San Francisco is perfect for tourists, tour guides, architects, historic preservationists, urban planners, realtors, renters & homebuyers, and anyone else curious about San Francisco’s architectural history.
Landmarks: San Francisco lists the official landmarked buildings and sites near you, anywhere in the city. It tells you when each landmark was designated (some as far back as 40 years!), provides detailed info such as architectural style and year built, and provides links to Wikipedia & the NoeHill website.
Thumbnail photos from Wikipedia are displayed for more than 60 landmarks, plus links to hi-res images. You can view the locations on a map, and email details about the landmark directly from the app.