Flu Defender is more than just an app that raises awareness about influenza – it’s an interactive solution that provides all the critical information you need to protect yourself against the flu. With 8 distinct features, Flu Defender gives you the facts customized for your location, risk factors and preference for audio, visual or text-based information.
(1) Flu Smart: Communicates key facts about the flu, keeping you Flu Smart. (Did you know the flu vaccine protects you against the 3 most common flu viruses for that specific flu season?)
(2) Vaccine Assistant: Helps you identify your risk for serious flu complications using a quick risk questionnaire.
(3) Prevention Strategies: Promotes healthy behavior for flu prevention by highlighting easy and practical ways to prevent the flu.
(4) Recent Flu Activity: Track the most recent flu levels by state in table and map format. See if the flu is widespread in your state.
(5) Symptom Identifier: Tap on different parts of the body to see if your symptoms could mean the flu.
(6) Vaccine Finder: Find the flu vaccine provider nearest you.
(7) Blogs and Podcasts: Get the latest information on the flu via audio, video or text.
(8) Twitter Updates: Get real-time messages from the CDC Flu Twitter feed.
Flu Defender is optimized for your iPhone and iPod touch and is also supported by the iPad.
Data sources used: CDC Weekly Flu Activity Report, RSS Feed of Influenza Updates, RSS Feed of Influenza Podcasts, CDC.gov/flu website and print materials, CDC Flu Twitter feed and the Flu.gov website.