From the birth of popular road travel with the Ford Model T in 1908, through the golden post-war era of lavish styling in cars such as the 1959 Cadillac Series 62, to the modern-day Jeep, the United States has been at the cutting edge of automotive design.
American Classic Cars looks in detail at the 300 most celebrated machines from America over the last eight decades. The app provides a unique, exciting and readily accessible guide to American engineering, from the 1914 Stutz Bearcat to the 1999 Roush Mustang. American Classic Cars includes all the most famous and stylish vehicles from the twentieth century such as the Buick Riviera, Cadillac Eldorado, Chevrolet Corvette, Dodge Charger, Ford Mustang, Oldsmobile 4-4-2, Plymouth Fury, Studebaker Golden Hawk, and many more.
Each entry is illustrated by a side-, front- or three-quarter profile colour photograph which help to bring these magnificent cars to life. Each entry is also accompanied by a detailed specification table providing year of manufacture and the full technical details of each car – including top speed, engine type, torque, weight, power, displacement and transmission.
• 300 classic American cars featured, each one illustrated with a full-colour photograph
• Each car’s development and history chronicled in authoritative text
• Specification table provided for each car, including top speed, engine type, weight, power and transmission; all measurements in imperial and metri
• Quick search functions
• Favorites section
• All data stored offline on your device. No Internet connection required
• Supports both iPhone and iPad
Richard Nicholls has been writing about cars for more than 20 years. He has worked as an editor and photographer for British and American car magazines, and has organised successful drag racing events. He enjoys drag and circuit racing days and modifying his own collection of classic cars. He lives in Lincolnshire, UK.