Sooner Jr. is the official mobile application for The University of Oklahoma Athletic Department’s Sooner Jr. F.A.N.S. Kids Initiative. Sooner Jr. is designed for kids and their parents to teach four core educational pillars: fitness fun, academics, nutrition and sportsmanship. The app uses fun Sooner games and activities to teach kids health, fitness math and reading so they can become Sooners someday.
Sooner Jr. has been designed with the involvement of experts in the field of education, technology and animation design with the University of Oklahoma Information Technology Department, Premise Entertainment and The University of Oklahoma faculty, staff and athletics department, this app is a cornerstone of the most unique youth outreach initiatives by a college athletics program in the nation.
Kids play games, work out, read stories and have fun to gain points, which they can use to dress either Boomer or Sooner in Sooner Jr. gear. The goal of this app is for kids to have fun on their iPhones and iPads while learning with Boomer and Sooner!
• Locker Room: Earn points throughout the app and use those points to dress Boomer or Sooner in their Sooner Jr. gear.
• Game Lounge: Have fun with math by playing “Football Plays by Math”; drive the historic Sooner Schooner” across Oklahoma to collect water and avoid bad foods; play the “Food Blitz” to swipe away the bad food while keeping the good food; “Match that Sport” and earn points by remembering where all the Sooner sports cards are hidden.
• Fitness Center: Keep track of what you have eaten each day in the “Daily Nutrition” room and then head over to the “Fitness Room” to work out with Boomer! Choose from push-ups, sit ups, jumping jacks or running. Boomer will teach you how to exercise, then exercise with you while keeping track of how many you do.
• Story Room: Read four Sooner Jr. stories and check for new stories through the year. Version 1 includes the “Schooner Story,” “Academics, “”Nutrition” and “Sportsmanship” titles with Boomer and Sooner.
• News & Events: Keep up to date with the news and events of the Sooners in the Press Box!