Neonatology is a sub-specialty of pediatrics that consists of the medical care of newborn infants, especially the ill or premature newborn infant. It is a hospital-based specialty, and is usually practiced in neonatal intensive care units (NICUs).
Neonatology teams generally limit their practice to babies born in the hospital but not released, or those transferred from other neonatal intensive care units (NICU). Once a mother and child are released from the hospital, most neonatalogy centers will refer any emergency care to a standard pediatric care unit.
This Glossary provides you a comprehensive list of 440+ terminologies related to Neonatology with its short description/meaning, which guides you to understand your infant's illness/health related issues.
- No Internet connectivity required
- Search through our database in alphabetical order
- Search using keyword
- Add/Edit Text & Audio notes for selected term.
- Add/zoom photo to Notes
- Add term to your favorite list
- Email term to your friends and family
- Change the font size for better reading experience