The medical sub-specialty of internal medicine that focuses on health care of elderly people is known as Geriatrics. It aims to promote health by preventing and treating diseases and disabilities in older adults. There is no set age at which patients may be under the care of a geriatrician, or physician who specializes in the care of elderly people.
Geriatrics differs from standard adult medicine because it focuses on the unique needs of the elderly person. The aged body is different physiologically from the younger adult body, and during old age, the decline of various organ systems becomes manifest.
This Glossary provides you a comprehensive list of around 100 terminologies related to geriatrics with its short description/meaning, which guides you to understand disease/disorders related to your loved parents & grand parents.
- No Internet connectivity required
- Search through our database in alphabetical order
- Search using keyword
- Add/Edit Text & Audio notes for selected term.
- Add/zoom photo to Notes
- Add term to your favorite list
- Email term to your friends and family
- Change the font size for better reading experience
Download this useful app, which help you to take care of your parents in organized way....