Gramota is a small free app for Russian language learners and for everyone who wants to know how to write a word in Russian. The app supports history and spell-checking with mask ('*' and '?' substitution supported). App displays all information about Russian words: correct pronunciation, stress, cases/conjugations, etymology, meaning. The app uses wiktionary.org and gramota.ru sites.
What spelling is correct for a word?
* One solid word or two words: 'натощак' or 'на тощак'? Check - 'на*тощак'!
* Use hyphen or not: 'как-бы' or 'как бы' or 'какбы'? Check - 'как*бы'!
* What letter should be used: 'приДти' or 'приЙти'? Check - 'при?ти'!
* What syllables are stressed: 'дОговор' or 'договОр'? Check - 'договор'!
* What does 'настропалить' mean? Check - 'настропалить'!
* Spell-check with '*' and '?' substitution. '*' means any number of any characters. '?' means any character. Example: for 'м?л?ко' answer will be 'молоко'.
* Word pronunciation/stress/cases/conjunctions/etymology/meaning.
* Expand clippings.
* History. App stores all checked words/phrases. The base version of app shows 300 latest words/phrases. See also 'In-App Purchase'.
* Landscape and portrait orientations are supported.
* Advertisement in 'Clippings' view only, see screenshot. See also 'In-App Purchase'.
* In-App Purchase: remove advertisement, show all history, additional dictionaries (antonyms, synonyms, dictionary of russian names, dictionary of linguistic terms)
* iOS 3.1 is supported. iOS 4 tested.
See more screenshots on the support page.