SpaceMission is a game for iPhone/iPad allowing players to interactively fly into large-scale computer models of our cosmos.
The minimum hardware requirements for experiencing SpaceMission satisfactorily are iPhone 3GS / iPad or later models with at least 8MB of on-board RAM, and a Wi-Fi connection.
The player of SpaceMission undertakes a virtual journey in a computer model of our cosmos spanning several millions of earth years in order to discover a number of pre-specified galaxies.
At any point during this virtual journey the player can click a snapshot using a virtual camera. Once all galaxies are found, cinematic movies can be generated from the snapshots taken.
Movies are saved automatically for the SpaceMission@INTECH competition. Following successful registration prior to starting SpaceMission a short message will be send to the player's registration email address confirming when a movie is ready.
An international scientific committee will consider all submitted movies for awarding prizes. The prizes will consist of technological equipment only.
1) The SpaceMission@INTECH competition is supported by the INAF-Astrophysical Observatory of Catania (Italy), the INTECH Science Centre (United Kingdom) and the University of Portsmouth (United Kingdom).
2) Apple is not a sponsor of this competition or involved in the activity of SpaceMission@INTECH competition in any manner.
3) Prizes will consist of technological equipment or vouchers to buy mobile devices.
4) Registration requires a special code that is available by visiting the INTECH Science Centre and Planetarium (http://www .intech-uk .com) or applying from SpaceMission website (http://spacemission.oact.inaf.it - please look under Download) only
5) Registration and participation in SpaceMission@INTECH competition is free of charge and requires acceptance of the aforementioned rules.