Share your soundworld live!
liveSHOUT is an interactive audio streaming mobile app. The app is designed to facilitate multiple streaming points and multiple listening points, what we call ‘distributed listening’.
The app has a simple interface which has been designed to facilitate interaction while on the move. We envisage that liveSHOUT will be of interest to audio enthusiasts, sound practitioners, journalists and event promoters. liveSHOUT tries to transmit and receive audio with the best possible quality dependent on the network connection. The user has full control over parameters which affect the performance of the streaming and the quality of the audio.
Stream live soundwalks with high quality audio, collect multiple audio live streams for concert presentation or recording, use it as a baby monitor and much more… Try it and let us know about your projects using liveSHOUT!
List of Features :
– High quality mono or stereo one-way stream
– Ogg encoding
– Based on Icecast streaming server technology
– Single or simultaneous multiple user broadcast architecture
– Streams accessible though embedded web player, pure data or VLC
– Works with wifi or 3G networks
– Compatible built in or external iPhone microphones for high quality audio capturing
– Panoramic audio mixing mode (up to three streams)
– Twitter integration
– Runs in the background (this will significantly reduce battery life)
For more information, user manual and links to projects using liveSHOUT please visit http://www.socasites.qub.ac.uk/distributedlistening/
liveSHOUT was designed at the Sonic Arts Research Centre in partnership with Locus Sonus and was made possible through an Arts and Humanities Research Council research grant led by Dr Franziska Schroeder and Professor Pedro Rebelo at Queen’s University Belfast.