EDGEcage – Chart a hitter’s practices
Whether for baseball or softball, EDGEcage is all about improving your hitting. The iPhone app lets coaches, trainers, parents and the players themselves track each swing of a practice session and record whether they made good contact to better see exactly how they did. And you can choose to amp up the details by also tracking the type of pitch and velocity.
Want to become a better hitter? EDGE is the service relied on by 30% of Division 1 college programs. And EDGEcage is the tool they trust to track their hitter’s batting cage practices. Simply record a session by tapping the easy to use screen and chart pitch location, type and velocity, and the result … well hit, not well hit, missed or fouled off. During each session, there’s a real time swing count and percentage of times you’ve made good contact. After the session, you can review the entire session on the device or email it to look at later.
Now hitters can easily understand how they are progressing and where they need to improve. Am I fouling off pitches that I should be hitting well? Am I pulling outside pitches that I should instead hit to the opposite field? Am I only swinging at pitches that are in my “sweet” spot or am I chasing bad pitches? What have I done in my previous five sessions and am I getting better?
Every swing matters! With real time feedback and an easy to read visual chart, hitters will now bring a game-like focus and intensity to every practice. Batting cage sessions can now be a more precise exercise and become the foundation for approaching your at bats in games. And trainers can use the tools to give immediate input to their players as soon as they leave the box.
Are you ready to be the hitter you always wanted to be? Maximize your potential with EDGEcage!
- Easily track pitch location, type, speed, and hit result (well hit or not well hit)
- See every pitch in a clean and simple strike zone display
- Pitcher or catcher view, so you can chart more intuitively wherever you’re positioned
- Quick player creation, so you can get started right away and key in name/email details later
- Search through prior sessions to find out results and gain insight into trends and progress
- Email results to whomever including scouts, recruiters, parents, and other pitchers
- View results by session to find out pitch type, velocity, result, and number of pitches