Murky Reef is unique in seamlessly blending reading, science, language arts, math and critical thinking skills with interactive and engaging game play ALL in one app!
For ages: 6-9 years,
Also recommended for kids ages 9 years and up with developmental delays.
What people are saying:
-BestAppsForKids.com - 5-STAR rating + Editor's choice award
"I highly recommend Murky Reef; it is an outstanding educational app. There is a good amount of content provided in the lite version. The lite version only made me want the full version even more!"
-Famigo.com - 5-STAR rating & APProved for families
"Murky Reef is one of the best critical thinking apps."
-AppsForHomeSchooling.com gives this app 5-STAR rating
"Murky Reef is an incredibly fun educational app that really draws children right into the action. "
View video demo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkOSK6pwsqk or simply download this app - it is FREE!
- True 21st century multi-media learning using informational text, interactive graphics, audio, curated & safe videos and of course games!
- Interactive play in a coral reef with shark, pufferfish, cleaner fish and more.
- Math & Language Arts content aligned with Common core standards.
- Carefully structured questioning that fosters critical thinking.
- Progress report across activities and across skill set.
- 6 cross-curricular games that are fact-filled and fun in this FREE version. Play 22 games in the full version.
- Thrilling interactions - Make shark teeth fall off, inflate a pufferfish, make an octopus squirt ink, touch jellyfish and more!)
- Win sea creatures and learn tons more about each of them
Topics covered in various games
* Coral reef ecosystem
* Habitat and prey-predator relationship
* Interesting sea animals like pufferfish, cleaner fish etc.
* Sharks - types, habitat, fascinating attributes, body anatomy
* Number sense (Can you count, compare and compose numbers?)
*Arithmetic (Can you add and subtract (1-20) quickly? You can use sea stars and sea snake to figure out the answer!)
* Number patterns (Counting in 2s, 5s, 10s, 100s, forwards & backwards counting. You can surely think up number patterns!)
* Addition grid (Work like a computer. Scan a grid, do mental math, find the answer & be quick!)
In Language Arts:
* Read and then be quizzed on comprehension
* Word families and rhyming words.
* Sight word search (Can you find the word ABOUT lost in this grid of letters? Spell and find!)
* Vocabulary (This app is all about sea creatures. Turtles have “fl_ppers”. What is the missing letter? Think & spell)
* Sentence structure & composition (Sentences start with capitalized letter & may end with a period. Now create a sentence!)
* Game on word synthesis (Do you like anagrams and crosswords? Here is a simplified version for your thriving kid! Challenge her/him!)
* Mental Math
* Math Facts( with & without manipulatives)
* Logical deduction
* Reading and listening comprehension
* Application of knowledge
NOTE on videos: The videos are carefully curated and are kid-friendly. Playing the videos requires Wi-Fi connection.
NOTE to teachers: This app is designed with Bloom's taxonomy in mind as applicable to 5-8 year olds. We have addressed 4 levels of Bloom's taxonomy - knowledge, comprehension, analysis, and application through various activities in this app.
You can learn more about Murky Reef and the design goals behind the games at http://frolyc.tumblr.com/