TypeInBraille allows you to write in Braille on your iPhone. You can enter a character through its Braille representation using a sequence of three simple gestures. Each gesture is used to enter one of the three rows of a braille character.
You can find a full description of the typing technique at http://www.everywaretechnologies.com/apps/typeinbraille/
Write your notes
- type your notes using your fingers to enter Braille dots;
- edit the text (delete, select, copy, cut and paste);
- navigate the text (character by character, word by word);
- enter and edit text also by using the standard on-screen QWERTY keyboard.
Send and copy your notes
- send your notes via e-mail;
- send your notes via text message;
- copy your notes on the clipboard and paste in any application (e.g., notes);
- share your text on Twitter and Facebook.
Type in a noisy environment!
The TypeInBraille text-entry method does not totally depend on the speech feedback. You can write your notes in a noisy environment (a tramcar, at the railway station, etc.).
With TypeInBraille you can easily enter text on-the-go. You are not forced to search for keys on a virtual keyboard.
TypeInBraille does not replace the iPhone keyboard.
TypeInBraille is compatible with iOS 5 or later.
Currently TypeInBraille supports English, Italian, French, Spanish and Portuguese Braille. More localizations will be available soon.