The Word is a monthly music magazine. Some kind fellow once described us a "literary rock and roll title" – which we rather liked – and we cover rock music, films, books and television for people old enough to still want something substantial to read.
Artists interviewed by The Word include Paul McCartney, Prince, Nick Cave, Samuel L Jackson, U2, Martin Scorsese, Thom Yorke, Morrissey, Björk, Michael Palin, Brian Eno, Peter Ackroyd, David Sedaris, Ricky Gervais, Russell Brand, Wim Wenders, Brian De Palma, Oasis, David Bowie, Joni Mitchell, Amy Winehouse, Leonard Cohen, Tom Waits, Leonardo DiCaprio, Kate Winslet, Sam Mendes, Salman Rushdie, Malcolm Gladwell, David Simon, Van Morrison and hundreds of others.
The Word has twice been awarded UK Music Magazine of the Year.
- Length of subscription: 1 issue
- Price of subscription: £2.99
- Price per issue: £2.99
- One issue is included for free with the app.
- If you subscribe to the print version of the magazine you'll be able to get all digital issues for free by entering your print subscription ID.
- Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
- Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
- Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
- Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
- No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period
- Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication.