Have you ever thought about trying meditation, but didn’t know how to get started? With the Meditation for Beginners app, trusted teacher Jack Kornfield shows you how simple it is to start—and stick with—a daily meditation practice.
Vipassana or “insight” meditation is the time-honored skill of calming the spirit and clearing the mind for higher understanding. Now, in this complete course created especially for beginners, renowned teacher Jack offers a straightforward, step-by-step method for bringing meditation into your life. Using the four guided meditations on this app, you will discover how easy it is to use your breath, physical sensations—and even difficult emotions—to create tranquility and loving kindness in your everyday life. These simple, elegant practices are so easy to learn that you will begin enjoying the benefits of meditation immediately—while laying the foundation for a lifetime of inner discovery and awakening.
Learn More About:
• The measurable benefits of meditation for your physical and emotional health
• How to use breathing, posture, and attention to enter the meditative state
• Simple and effective strategies for dealing with distractions, “busy brain,” and other common challenges in meditation
• How meditation can help you deepen compassion, find healing through forgiveness, and dissolve your fear of death
• How to focus healing attention on your body
• How to clear distractions and cultivate awareness
• Four guided meditations that will serve as the foundation for an ongoing practice.
Through his gentle delivery and ability to translate ancient practices for modern audiences, Jack Kornfield has become one of the most accessible and sought-after teachers for helping first-time meditators get their start. With the Meditation for Beginners app, he assists you in developing the foundational skills to start practicing immediately—and discover the life-changing power of meditation for yourself.
The Meditation for Beginners app features:
• Jack Kornfield’s personal meditation instruction including four cornerstone meditations especially for beginners (2 hours, 30 minutes of audio)
• Bookmarking to help you easily find your favorite content
• An interactive vine garden to enjoy while listening (iPad only)
• A relaxing slide show
• “Why Meditate?”—a bonus excerpt from Jack Kornfield’s book Meditation for Beginners
• Bonus video with Jack Kornfield on the basics of body postures, breathing, and more.
About the Author
Jack Kornfield, PhD, trained as a Buddhist monk in Thailand, Burma, and India and has taught worldwide since 1974. He is one of the key teachers to introduce Buddhist mindfulness practices to the West. He holds a PhD in clinical psychology and is the cofounder of the Insight Meditation Society and of Spirit Rock Center in Woodacre, California. He has written more than a dozen books including The Wise Heart, A Path With Heart, After the Ecstasy, the Laundry, A Lamp in the Darkness, and more.