Bike Citizens app - the first cycling app designed for cyclists in urban areas! Real-time route calculation prioritizing bike friendly ways. With precise audio notifications, without active data connection, saving battery and roaming costs. Individual routing from easy to fast as well as tracking options. Available in more than 300 cities in Europe, Australia and the US. Winner of the Apps for Europe 2014 Award.
• Route calculation from every location to every address in town, prioritizing cycle ways, cycle paths and living streets
• Precise audio notifications
• Works offline: no roaming costs in foreign countries
• Insider tours (mostly created by local bike messengers) help you discover the city
• Categorized lists of sights, from which you can create individual tours
• Tracking via GPS: biking time and distance overview
• Bicycle optimized map style
• Summary, map view and heat maps of recorded tracks
CURRENTLY AVAILABLE CITIES:
• Albania: Tirana
• Australia: Adelaide, Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, Sydney
• Austria: Vienna (free!), Graz (free!), Salzburg, Innsbruck, Linz
• Belgium: Antwerp, Brugge, Brussels, Gent
• Bosnia and Herzegovina: Sarajevo
• Bulgaria: Sofia
• Croatia: Zagreb
• Czech Republic: Brno, Prague
• Denmark: Bornhom, Copenhagen
• Estonia: Tallinn
• Finland: Helsinki
• France: 38 cities, e.g. Paris, Marseille, Lyon
• Germany: 71 cities, e.g. Berlin, Munich, Frankfurt, Freiburg, Bremen/Bremerhaven (free!)
• Greece: Athens
• Hungary: Budapest
• Iceland: Reykjavik
• Ireland: Dublin
• Italy: Florence, Milan, Rome, Turin, Venice
• Latvia: Riga
• Luxembourg: Luxembourg
• Macedonia: Skopje
• Netherlands: Amsterdam, Rotterdam, The Hague
• Norway: Bergen, Oslo
• Poland: 8 cities, e.g. Warsaw, Krakow, Tricity
• Portugal: Lisbon, Porto
• Romania: Bucharest
• Serbia: Belgrade
• Slovakia: Bratislava
• Slovenia: Ljubljana, Maribor
• Spain: 22 cities, e.g. Madrid, Barcelona, Seville, Málaga
• Sweden: 21 cities, e.g. Stockholm, Malmoe, Gothenburg
• Switzerland: Basel, Bern, Geneva, Lausanne, Zurich
• Turkey: Istanbul
• Ukraine: Kiev
• United Kingdom: 59 cities, e.g. London, Manchester, Leeds, Birmingham, Kingston (free!), Coventry (free!)
• United States: 7 cities, e.g. New York, Las Vegas, LA
Cities which aren't already for free in the app can be unlocked in different ways:
• "Cycle to Free": When installing a new city, chose the option "Cycle to Free". All you have to do is cycling 100km within 30 days and track your routes.
• Insert voucher code
• In-App purchase: 4,99€
• Flatrate: Get all (also future) cities for only 19,96€
• Apps for Europe Award 2014
• ISPO Bike 2013 – Brand New Award
• European Satellite Navigation Competition 2012 – Regional Winner Austria
• Apps for Amsterdam 2012 – Public Prize
WHAT MAPS ARE USED?
The Bike Citizens app (former BikeCityGuide) is a navigation app based on the great OpenStreetMap (OSM), the "Wikipedia of maps". We invite everybody to take a look at wiki.openstreetmap.org in order to learn more about OSM, how it works and how you can contribute. The insider tours were created by local bike messengers, the sights descriptions are from Wikipedia.
HOW TO GET MY SMARTPHONE ONTO MY BIKE?
With the smarthpone mount "Finn" you can mount any phone easily onto the handlebar. Developed by Bike Citizens the mount “Finn” comprises a voucher to download a city of your choice for free. Find out more on http://getfinn.com
If you have questions, suggestions, troubles, please don't hesitate to contact us in order to make this app even better! Just send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
What are you waiting for? Enjoy your ride and experience how pleasant and relieving it can be to discover your city by bike!
Bike Citizens – Designed for Cyclists, by Cyclists!
Please note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. Bike Citizens keeps GPS on in the background only while navigating.