Eating right is hard, but Cooking District's My Daily Plate makes it easy and fun. Inspired by the USDA ChooseMyPlate icon and complete library of food, Cooking District's My Daily Plate helps you make more informed, nutritious and rewarding decisions throughout the day. Start thinking about what goes on your plate before your next meal.
But My Daily Plate is NOT a calorie counter. Our goal is to provide a simple and quick app to help you easily ensure that you're eating more balanced meals everyday. There's no typing, no keyboard, no data entry required. It has none of the typical overhead and required steps that come with most food and calorie counting apps, which eventually frustrate people to the point of giving up! Food items in Cooking District's My Daily Plate which do not classify into any of the five food groups have been excluded since they will not contribute to meeting your daily requirements. Several items have also been consolidated/grouped to make the selection process quicker and easier, since many of the items will have the same daily requirement for the food group. Start thinking about what's significantly contributing to your nutrional needs, rather than trying to track all the bad food you eat.
All too often, people looking to eat right, eat wrong. Erring on the side of too much protein, too few fruits, or out of proportion portions. Cooking District's My Daily Plate helps monitor your daily nutritional progress not just by showing you what to eat but how much. Because the key to better eating is balanced eating. And the key to a happier you is a healthier you.
** Over 10,000 copies of My Daily Plate have been downloaded! **
My Daily Plate has four sections:
- Eating a balanced meal is now easier than you think with the help of Today's Plate.
- Filling your plate is quick and easy. Just tap the food group, item, and quantity.
- The plate clears itself at midnight so you can start fresh the next morning.
- A healthy way to monitor everything you eat in the course of a day.
- Track your progress visually, without deciphering lots of figures.
- Yesterday - Check and see how you did the previous day.
- Past Week - Get an average of the recorded days in the past week.*
- Overall - Get an average of the recorded days since the date of your first entry.*
- View your eating habits on a specific day.
- Make corrections to previous entries.
- Add entries you forgot to make.
- Change/correct your personal information.
- Enable/disable the alert messages you receive when you reach a specific daily goal.
- Our nutritional information database is automatically updated daily.
- Delete all the entries in your database to wipe the slate clean and start again.
* These reports only factor in days you made entries. So if you only want to use the app Monday-Friday, the overall reports will not be skewed by missing weekend data.