My Daily Plate makes eating right easy and fun. Inspired by the USDA ChooseMyPlate icon and complete library of food, My Daily Plate helps you make informed, nutritious and rewarding decisions throughout the day without the anxiety and hassle of calorie counting. It is designed to help you track how much of each food group you consume in order to ensure you are eating balanced meals and the right portions of each food group.
Calorie counting can be tedious and anxiety provoking, and cause people to give up on their goals. But when you focus on the bigger picture of nutrition- eating the right portions of the right foods –calorie maintenance naturally occurs. With this easy, user-friendly app, there is no typing, no keyboard, no data entry required. With a few simple taps, you can enter how much of the 5 basic USDA food groups you have eaten each day. There are no categories for foods that fall outside of these groups (i.e. junk food), because those foods do not contribute to your daily requirements and overall nutrition goals, which is what we’re focused on. All too often, people looking to eat right, eat wrong, erring on the side of too much protein, too few fruits, or out of proportion portions. My Daily Plate helps monitor your daily nutritional progress not just by showing you what to eat but how much. With this app, you can clearly and simply see whether or not you are eating enough fruits, vegetables, protein, grains and dairy, and can adjust your next meal accordingly. The rewards are both instant and long-term!
If your focus is bigger than just calorie counting, and you’re instead determined to be healthy and eat nutritiously, this is the app for you. Start thinking about what’s significantly contributing to your nutritional needs rather than trying to track all the bad food you eat. Rather than feeling guilty about your bad choices each day, feel proud of and track your good choices using My Daily Plate app.
** Over 25,000 copies of My Daily Plate have been downloaded! **
My Daily Plate has four sections:
- Filling your plate at each meal is quick and easy. Just tap the food group, item, and quantity.
- The plate clears itself at midnight so you can start fresh the next morning.
- A healthy way to monitor everything you eat in the course of a day.
- Our nutritional information database is automatically updated daily.
- These reports only factor in the days on which you made entries. So if you only want to use the app Monday-Friday, the overall reports won't be skewed by missing weekend data.
- Track your progress visually instead of deciphering lots of figures.
- Check and see how you did the previous day.
- Get an average of progress of the past week.
- Get an overall average of the recorded days since the date of your first entry.
- View your eating habits on a specific day.
- Make corrections to previous entries.
- Add entries you forgot to make.
- Change/correct your personal information.
- Enable/disable the alert messages you receive when you reach a specific daily goal.
- Delete all the entries in your database to wipe the slate clean and start again.