What are homophones?
Homophones are words that sound alike, although they have different spellings and meanings.
• 131 homophones, with a sentence for each word
• Two different skill levels
• Audio pronunciation for every word
• Every word is clickable and pronounces the word
• A picture for each sentence
• Images and audio can be turned on or off
• A play button to re-read the sentence
How to use this app:
In Level One, a series of sentences appears on the screen. For each sentence, the student is presented with a pair of homophones, and must slide the correct word into the sentence. When each sentence appears, the sentence is spoken by the app, and a picture appears to help the student understand the sentence.
Level Two is the same as Level One, but there are no pictures or audio. The student must read the sentence to understand it.
This app allows each student to work at their own level. It is ideal for self paced learning or home schooling.
PLEASE CONTACT US
If you have questions, problems, suggestions or complaints, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Abitalk is a member of Moms with Apps, a collaborative group of family-friendly developers seeking to promote quality apps for kids and families.
Recommended Ages: 7-9
Categories: Reading, Vocabulary, Grammar