eNotify Basic provides private and secure direct local notification for incoming emails, phone calls, and battery levels. Highly configurable, eNotify supports complex alerts with custom alert sounds for different senders and callers. Easily silence day-to-day background noise and stay aware of those important emails and calls! Never let your low battery or cellular usage go unnoticed!
This BASIC VERSION supports alerts based on the SENDER (email FROM field) only. For more complex alerting schemes, check out the full version of eNotify!
- OVERVIEW -
Want to be notified in a unique way when certain important emails arrive? Find yourself constantly checking your email each time that ding announces itself? With eNotify you can configure any of 150+ built-in custom audio alerts (including subtle professional tones as well as entertaining ones) to help you stay aware of important messages or add new alert options via our market! In addition to the built-in sounds, you can add your own mp3 files via iTunes file sharing or record your own voice notice within the app for specific needs.
Unlike ALL the other "push email apps" which require you to forward all your email to their external servers or provide them with your email account login information, eNotify does it's work *entirely* on your device, working in the background. Your email is safe and your data never leaves your device. None of your information is ever sent elsewhere. Period.
In addition to email messages, users can connect eNotify to a VoIP phone service to help those important phone calls reach through the static. Special phone numbers can be configured to override the device silent switch, making sure that you respond when you need to.
The best way to configure eNotify is to set the standard Mail app to check Manually, with Push disabled, and to disable the built-in new mail sound. This allows eNotify to alert you when new mail arrives and the Mail app will download the messages when you open it. This conserves battery life and generally provides the best possible user experience.
- FEATURES -
* Starts and runs continually in the background as a service.
* Maintains constant email awareness.
* Provides "on call" priority to configured incoming phone numbers.
* Works with any VoIP service that allows 3rd party SIP connections.
* Works with all IMAP accounts. This *also* includes Exchange servers which have IMAP support enabled.
* Works with Exchange directly via Exchange Web Services (Exchange 2007/2010)
* Works with all POP3 accounts. Supports Yahoo, Hotmail, and more!
* Supports IMAP push email! Get your email notices immediately and without polling!
* Custom alert for messages marked as high priority!
* Supports scanning multiple IMAP folders for new messages. (Configurable in account setup window)
* Pick from one of the 150+ built-in sounds, add your own custom sounds via iTunes file sharing, or record your own alerts
* Set custom sounds for individual senders, incoming calls, and battery levels
* Remove distraction by setting lower priority senders/callers to ignore for later viewing.
* "Do Not Disturb" setting automatically silences all email notices during your configured time period.
* Configure certain alerts to override the device silent switch!
* Option to completely ignore, show only local notice (silently), or vibrate on alert, in addition to sound options.
* Completely private! Your data/email NEVER leaves your device!!
++ NOTICE: eNotify ONLY works on devices which support app multitasking! (No 3G or original touch) ++
NOTE: eNotify uses portions of the Open Source ReMail project as well as libetpan for IMAP email support. Special thanks to DINH Viet Hoa for his support in modifying the project to suit eNotify's needs.