This app is written for space and spacecraft engineers. Taking its cue from a calculator app, it then expands that to add in specific altitude- or radius-based calculations for items of interest.
The calculator value in the screen with a single button press is accepted as input as either a radius value or as an altitude value for calculation of the orbit-related values of interest.
So, it's a fully featured calculator for mission analysis!
- Circular velocity
- Escape velocity
- Plane change delta V
- Max duration for an eclipse in a circular orbit
- Apparent angular radius of the Earth
- Range to horizon
- Nodal precession rate
- Sun-synchronous inclination
- Maximum time in view above a ground station for various elevation angles
- Range for a satellite from a ground station for various elevation angles
- Convert between radius and semi-major axis
- Convert between kilometers and Nautical miles
Suggested additions / omissions / corrections to: email@example.com