It’s great having a best friend to do everything with–but not so great when they go away. Trixie the golden retriever longs for her buddy Jinx the dachshund when Jinx goes on vacation. Lonely Trixie tries to find new friends, but discovers that spiders have no sense of humor and mice just can’t appreciate a good tail-chase. No one can compare to Jinx!
Bestselling author Dean Koontz gives readers a fun, lighthearted glimpse into the imagination of Trixie, his beloved golden retriever, whose quirky narration and irrepressible spirit will delight readers young and old.
Trixie and Jinx is a part of the Auryn line from Auryn Inc. and is based on Dean Koontz’ book by the same name.
▶ KEY EDUCATIONAL THEMES:
- Encourage kids to color each page with their favorite color
- Learn about friendship and its importance.
- Learn about various summer games and sports.
▶ EXTEND THE LEARNING! ASK YOUR CHILD:
- Point out to various animals on each page and ask “Name the animal in the picture”
-“Name the games and activities Trixie engages in with his friend Jinx”
- “What do you love most about summer?”
▶ ENHANCE CREATIVITY BY PERSONALIZING THE STORY:
- You can write your own version of the text for the book
- Customize your illustrations; children can paint the background, characters on every page with their favorite colors.
- Personalize the narration: kids or parents can re-record the narration to make it their own!
▶ DEVELOP READING SKILLS WITH THESE LITERACY TOOLS:
- Image and word association vocabulary builder - when an image on the screen is touched, the associated word is spoken and the written word is displayed.
- Karaoke effect - when a word is spoken during narration then the word is highlighted.
- Touch a word to hear it being spoken in “Read Myself” mode (almost like “training wheels” for new readers)
▶ THREE WAYS TO READ THE BOOK:
1) "Read to me" - Listen to the narrated story while the text is displayed Karaoke style. After the narration finishes on a page the child can interact with objects until they are ready to move to the next page.
2) "Auto Play" - same as "Read to Me" except the page advances automatically once the narration is finished. Useful for those long car rides when you want the child to have a complete book experience.
3) "Read myself" - There is no narration but the child can touch a word to hear it being spoken aloud.
The lite version contains the first six pages of the original app with all the functionalities. The user also gets an overview of rest of the pages in thumbnail format.
Please rate and review the app. Your feedback means a lot to us!
Stay in the loop: www.auryn.com
Write to us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Like us: Facebook.com/aurynapps
Follow us: Twitter.com/aurynapps
Follow us: Pinterest.com/appsbyauryn