To our valued users: KeyLogic has become aware of a problem resulting in Kill-Ur-Watts no longer functioning as it was designed to. Users have not been able to successfully register/login to their accounts at our 3rd party data hosting site. We are diligently working on a fix so that you may resume viewing your GreenButton data on your device. We look forward to the release of an upgraded version 2.0 of Kill-Ur-Watts in the near future. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. By downloading Kill-Ur-Watts today, your app will be updated automatically when the latest version becomes available.
KeyLogic Systems, (through its participation in DOE’s “Apps for Energy” Challenge), developed a Green Button application called Kill-Ur-Watts that permits residential customers to view, track, and manage their residential electricity use over time. This application utilizes common industry-based concepts and third-party data to empower residential users to make informed decisions on energy reduction strategies and implement common-sense energy efficiency improvements.
To use the app, you must have access to your energy usage data provided by your utility in Green Button data format. Please check with your energy provider for information on Green Button data downloads.
You must also setup a free account with Green Button Connect (http://greenbuttonconnect.com/) and have uploaded your data.
With the app, you can:
- See your monthly, daily, and hourly electricity usage.
- View graphs of your usage.
- Pinpoint peak time usage.
- Get tips on how to reduce your energy usage.
- See your Energy Score (or Energy Usage Index) as compared to the national average.
- See your Carbon Footprint as compared to the national average.
- Setup the energy using devices in your home and view a pie chart of where your energy dollars are going as compared to a typical single-family home in the USA.
- Challenge your friends and family to lower energy costs through twitter integration.