“The cloud of unknowing” is one of Christianity’s enduring mysteries—a meditative state where God is experienced on the deepest inner level. With the Contemplative Prayer app, renowned Trappist monk Father Thomas Keating introduces you to the uplifting system of Centering Prayer, a core practice of Christianity’s mystic tradition that helps you form an intimate communion with God. The Contemplative Prayer app offers practices and insights that will help this sacred relationship begin to unfold, ultimately leading you to embrace the presence and action of the Divine in all aspects of your life.
Learn More About:
- The contemplative path and true freedom
- The four steps to prayer
- Overcoming emotional programs
- The inner room, a spiritual level of being where you can enter into solitude with God
- The psychology of prayer
- The seven fruits of contemplative prayer, and much more
“Centering Prayer is simultaneously a relationship with God and a discipline to continually foster that relationship,” teaches Father Thomas Keating. With its practical guidance and straightforward presentation of the contemplations practiced in European cloisters and monasteries since medieval times, the Contemplative Prayer app will prepare your heart to open to divine union.
The Contemplative Prayer app features:
- Traditional Christian meditations for forming an intimate communion with God (3 hours, 45 minutes of audio)
- A relaxing slide show
- An interactive vine garden to enjoy while listening (iPad only)
- Bookmarking to help you easily find your favorite content
- Bonus video with Father Thomas Keating
- The podcast transcription of “Inviting the Presence of the Divine,” an in-depth conversation with Father Thomas Keating
About the Author
Father Thomas Keating’s life is lived in the service of sharing the gifts God gave him with others. He is an internationally renowned theologian and accomplished author and draws from over 60 years of study and prayer as a Trappist monk in sharing the centuries-old wisdom of the contemplative Christian tradition. One of the principal architects of the contemplative Christian prayer movement, Father Keating helped found both the Snowmass Interreligious Conference and Contemplative Outreach, Ltd, and is also a past president of the Temple of Understanding and of the Monastic Interreligious Dialogue. He is author of many books, including Open Mind, Open Heart.