Brought to you by the National Asthma Council Australia.
Asthma Buddy is a take-anywhere reminder of your day-to-day asthma medications. This easy to use app can help you to recognise if your asthma is getting worse and tell you what to do in response.
The Asthma Buddy app enables you to:
• Record your preventer and reliever medication plan and reference peak flow values (if used) for when you are feeling well, not well or worse.
• Know what to do in case of an emergency including easy access to the First Aid for Asthma instructions right on your iPhone.
• Email a PDF copy of your action plan to your doctor or yourself.
• Record and access the contact details for your Doctor or Emergency contact person.
• Access the National Asthma Council website and our library of How-To videos including clips showing the correct use of various asthma and COPD inhalers.
Asthma action plans are one of the most effective asthma management tools available. If you or someone you are responsible for has asthma, ask your doctor about developing a personal asthma action plan that can be uploaded into Asthma Buddy on your iPhone.
Follow your asthma action plan for:
• More days without asthma symptoms
• Fewer days off work or school
• Fewer asthma attacks
• Reduced need to use your reliever puffer
• Fewer hospital visits.
If you would like more information on how Asthma Buddy can help you manage your asthma, visit www.nationalasthma.org.au/asthmabuddy
About the National Asthma Council Australia
We are a not-for-profit organisation working to improve health outcomes and quality of life for people with asthma. As the national authority on asthma, we are committed to sharing the latest information on asthma with all members of the asthma community, including people with asthma and their carers, health professionals, patient support organizations, the health industry, and government agencies.
Terms and Conditions
Information provided to us when you use this Application is sent to offshore service providers and third party contractors acting on behalf of NAC from time to time for the purpose of making the Application available to you, including storing and processing that information. You consent to the transfer of your personal information, including your health information, to NAC and its service providers within and outside the jurisdiction in which you are located for the purpose described above. If you are a medical professional accessing the Application, you agree to obtain, and not use the Application without, your patient's consent to this transfer.
This Application is not intended for emergencies - if you require assistance in an emergency, dial 000.