XAirports turns your iPad/iPhone into a 2nd monitor in conjunction with the flight simulator X-Plane.
The app comes with a database of all 34000 airports together with the associated ATC, VOR and ILS frequencies. Important flight parameters can be set with your iPad during flight and sent via Wi-Fi to X-Plane, avoiding the need to memorize data or pause the simulator. Parameters that can be transmitted:
- COM and NAV frequencies (ATC, ILS, VOR)
- position of your aircraft on an airport (on a runway or 3/10 nm at approach)
- Auto-Pilot and Transponder settings (AUX in-App Purchase)
- Thrust, Flaps, Trims, Brakes, Landing gear (HUD in-App Purchase)
The app can also display a lot of flight parameters in real-time:
- interactive flight tracking of the player aircraft, up to 7 AI aircraft, all 34000 airports and 9000 VOR
- Navigation and SID/STAR charts (subject to online availability, internet connection required, AUX in-app purchase).
- Thrust, Flaps, Trims, Brakes, Landing gear, Position, Altitude, Speed (FlyHUD iAP)
*SUPPORTED FLIGHT SIMULATORS
-running on Mac, Linux, Windows
-no X-Plane plug-in installation required!