Love or hate Geometry? Doesn’t matter, this visual / picture game helps you learn, review and creatively apply your knowledge to solve geometry problems.
Geometry is all about shapes, size, relative position of figures, and the properties of space. GeometrIQ is an interactive game presenting geometrical problems covering wide range of topics such as parallel & perpendicular lines, triangles, circles, quadrilaterals, perimeter and areas and various theorems in each area. Simple yet very comprehensible, thoughtful yet full-of-fun approach taken by the game ensures you enjoy Geometry.
To play -
a) Select a game you want to play by hitting the ‘Game-ID’ button
b) Geometric problem is presented by way of an image. Specifics of the problems are highlighted by 1-4 '?' on the problem image
c) On the right side of the image, potential answers are shown as number of labels
d) Select/Tap a label, drag-and-drop it on appropriate question-mark on the problem image
e) If the label matches with question mark, You Win and proceed with other question marks on the same game or to the next game. If not matching, you can try it again.
Games are framed creatively to encourage thinking and applying geometry theorems knowledge to solve problems. Topics covered are -
- Basics of Geometry
- Parallel and Perpendicular Lines
- Various types of triangles (Obtuse, right angle, acute, scalene, isosceles, and equilateral triangles)
- Relationship within triangles (medians, midsegments, altitude, right-angle, etc.)
- Quadrilaterals ( Parallelograms, Rectangle, Square, Rhombus, Trapezoid, and Kite)
- Circles (Secant, Chord, Radius, Diameter, Tangent, Common Internal Tangents, Common External Tangents, Internally Tangent Circle, Externally Tangent Circle, Arc Measures, Inscribed Angles)
- Perimeter and Area (Area and perimeter calculation of various polygons, Area and Circumference and Arc Length of circles)
- Surface and volume of polyhedrons, prisms, cylinders, cones, pyramids, spheres and others)
Games are created carefully to ensure best possible covering of all theorems and postulates. For example, some of the theorems used as basis are:
- Vertical Angles Theorem
- Triangle Sum Theorem
- Exterior Angle Theorem
- Third Angles Theorem
- Base Angles Theorem
- Perpendicular Bisector Theorem
- Angle Bisector Theorem
- Midsegment Theorem
- Alternate Interior Angles, Consecutive Interior Angles, Alternate Exterior Angles Theorems
- Napolean's Theorem
- The Pythagorean Theorem
- Segment and Angle Congruence Theorems
- Tangent to a Circle Theorem:
- Tangent Segments from a Common External Point Theorem
The game comes with 3 levels:
Package-0 (Games 1 to 5) : Free
Package-1 (Games 6 to 49 ) : Can be purchased for $1.99.
Package-2 (Games 50 to 99) : Can be purchased for $1.99.
Whether you classify this game as Science / Mathematics or just Geometry....Whether you call this a game or quiz or an application, one thing for sure, it will help you learn and apply geometry in a better way.
Whether you are student, teacher, or simply interested in geometry- this game is for you! Enhance your knowledge and have fun too. Play it now.
So, are you up for the challenge?
Note: If you are a teacher, parent or educator you may sign up to receive the solution keys for our games for free. Please fill in the form at http://www.playply.com/solutions-request