TWO games in one App for your kindergartener and preschooler: pattern recognition; sorting objects by size and letters/numbers by position.
1. Complete patterns to help @Reks dinosaur travel from the East coast to the West coast of the USA:
* Pattern type(s): ABAB, AABA, AABB, ABC…;
* Pattern content: shapes, colors, letters (upper/lower case), numbers, mix of any previous patterns (colors and shapes, numbers and letters, shapes and numbers…);
* Narration for each pattern item;
* Choice of narration with names or sounds (phonics) of the letters;
* Option to drag-and-drop or tap the correct item to continue the pattern;
* Caboose helps your child acquire analytical and logical thinking.
2. Sort by rearranging letters, numbers, and shapes to help @Reks dinosaur travel across Europe:
* Rearrange letters in alphabetical order / inverse alphabetical order (option)
* Rearrange numbers in increasing / decreasing order (option)
* Rearrange shapes from largest to smallest / from smallest to largest (option)
* Narration (option)
Pattern recognition and completion as well as sorting represent an important developmental skill for preschool children by expanding their intelligence quotient (IQ). It is a cognitive exercise for your child’s brain. Caboose requires the child to compare concepts and recognize patterns, and to compare size / position and sort objects/letters/numbers accordingly. The process of comparing helps the child prepare for learning to recognize shapes, colors, numbers, size, etc.
Although all children develop as individuals, the age ration below should provide parents as a starting point in helping their children’s performance:
- Ages 4-5: Can complete without assistance.
- Age 3: Can complete with minimal assistance after directions are given.
- Age 2: Introduction to math concepts -- can complete with adult assistance
WATCH VIDEO: http://youtu.be/vlcAUj-_WxE