Photo Sydney is designed from the ground-up for Sydney photographers looking for composition, location and post-production ideas to improve their Sydney photography.
Designed around the unique elements of Sydney’s lifestyle and geography that make it such a compelling photographer’s playground, Photo Sydney delivers the functionality and convenience needed to improve your Sydney photography.
KEY FEATURES INCLUDE:
1. Hundreds of professionally-taken images from across the Sydney region.
2. Integrated maps with location details of each photograph, including map directions from your current location. Each image comes complete with full geocoded metadata, allowing the integrated iOS 6 maps functionality to allow you to see exactly where the image was taken (including passthrough linking to 3D Flyover for Sydney and surrounding regions). Thumbnail overviews on the maps screens, allow you to see image previews located near your current location.
3. Detailed information for each photograph, including post-production edit descriptions and advice, time of day and season, general set-up commentary, ISO, aperture, shutter speed, camera, lens and focal length information.
4. Integrated Social Sharing allowing you to post images from the app on your Facebook wall, or Tweet through your Twitter account.
5. Save any image to your local device, where you can use them as wallpapers and lock screens, or edit them with any photo editing app on your iOS device.
6. Integrated email feature to share any image with anyone you'd like.
7. A range of galleries designed around Sydney’s unique photographic opportunities, including:
- Sydney Icons (a diverse range of compositions and image styles of the Sydney Opera House and Sydney Harbour Bridge, including some more unique angles captured on the water around these landmark icons)
- Around the Harbour (a combination of familiar and not-so-familiar locations and compositions captured from various vantage points around the sprawling harbour).
- Beaches & Seascapes (a broad variety of beach compositions and styles taken from across Sydney’s northern, eastern, inner harbour and surrounding beaches)
- Surrounds (Hunter Valley, Wollongong, the Central Coast, Blue Mountains)
- Sydney Locales (a range of more unusual locale-centric photography, capturing some of the more unique and unusual photographic scenes available in the greater Sydney region, including Parramatta, Rozelle, Whale Beach, Alexandria and other areas around the Sydney)
- Nightscapes (a broad range of nightscape photography captured from around the city, including detailed information of set-up and location advice Additional information is also provided for key photographic events in Sydney’s calendar, including the excellent night-time photography opportunities presented by the Sydney Vivid Festival).
- Lifestyle (a range of outdoor Sydney images, capturing much of the water and outdoor lifestyle activities that make Sydney so popular for outdoor pastimes)
- Foodie & Beanies (a dedicated gallery of images celebrating some of the brilliant café and fine dining opportunities that make Sydney one of the world’s great food and café culture cities).
8. A Favourites feature to allow you to readily access your favourite images, their associated photographic descriptions and location details. This feature allows you to compile your day’s photography planning.
9. Fully offline photo galleries to minimise bandwidth requirements (Note - network access is needed for mapping features).
Photo Sydney is designed exclusively for iOS and is optimised for use on your iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch.