The Reeds Nautical Almanac iPad App is the digital version of the yachtsman’s bible, combining comprehensive data with functionality and portability to provide you with everything you need to set sail safely. Try before you buy: the download includes free data for 4 ports so you can test the features before taking the plunge.
• Live weather data and synoptic charts for 72 hours ahead
• Tidal data for 12 months ahead
• Interactive tidal stream chartlets
• Unique route planning tool including safe sailing distances
• Free year-round data updates
• Personalise your data (set your home port and favourite ports)
Annual data subscriptions start at £29.99 for a single Region [UK app store price].
** About Reeds Almanac **
Valued for decades as the indispensable compendium of regularly updated navigational data for Western Europe.
Subscribe and gain 12 months' access to:
* Covers the UK, Ireland and the Channel Islands, plus the European coastline from Denmark to Gibraltar, Northern Morocco plus the Azores and Madeira
* Tidal data from the UK Hydrographic Office
* Tidal streams and tide times
* 700 colour harbour plans
* Distance tables between key ports and safe sailing distances between each harbour
* Advice on harbour shelter and facilities
* 7500 lights plus buoys and waypoints to assist navigation
* Nautical companion comprising 8 chapters of expertly edited material: abbreviations and symbols, regulations, practical navigation, tides, communication information, weather, safety advice, first aid
** About the iPad Digital Edition **
* Full port data from the entire Reeds Almanac in a single app for your subscribed ports
* Live weather data and synoptic data from the Meteorological Office for up to 72 hours ahead
* Route planning tool – gathers together information on weather, tides and ports based on departure port and destination; calculates times of HW/LW, sun/moon rise/set for your date of travel as well as estimating safe-sailing distances between ports and sailing times based on your average boat speed (port subscription required)
* Weather and content updates whenever you connection to the internet (wifi or 3G)
* Content remains on the iPad when disconnected from the internet as long as you have a valid subscription
* Save your favourite ports for rapid access to weather and HW/LW info
* Free data for 4 ports – Peterhead (Area 7, North East Scotland), River Bann and Coleraine (Area 13, Northern Ireland), Ramsgate (Area 3, South East England), Arbroath (Area 6, South East Scotland)
* Subscribe to data from a single sailing region or the full set
* Adlard Coles recommended reading list
* Free email-based support for queries, with telephone assistance to technical issues
Please note: a free Reeds account will be needed to access Reeds Digital Almanac. This can be created in app upon first launch.
The installation process can take more than 15 minutes on older iPads.
The app is regularly updated – please send your feedback and feature requests to the helpdesk: firstname.lastname@example.org
The newest version of the Reeds Nautical Almanac App is compatible with iOS 8 upwards. From release version 3.2.1 onwards, all new features and enhancements will only be available on iOS 8 and iOS 9.