TimeThisFree allows you to create preset countdown timers for just about anything.
From things like filling the bath to when dinner will be ready, TimeThisFree reminds you when you need to take action.
The greatest feature of TimeThisFree is that you can 'set and forget'. Once you start a timer you can either put the device in standby and do something else or close the app and listen to some music or play a game.
If for example you want to go for a 30 minute walk while you listen to some music, you create a 15 minute timer, start it and close the app. Enjoy your walk while listening to your favourite tunes and when the time is up, the alarm will go off and you can turn around and head back - giving a total of 30 minutes.
The Settings screen allows you to choose your default sounds. Selecting an alarm or ticking sound will play a 3 second preview of the sound. You can use this preview to check that your volume settings are appropriate.
- Alarm will persist in standby and even if you close the app
- Set your timer up to 23hrs 59mins 59secs. (defaults to 1 min)
- 25 timer icons to choose from (defaults to the Timer icon)
- 6 Alarm Sounds
- 2 Ticking Sounds (analog and digital) for dramatic effect *
- In the paid version, TimeThis has an unlimited number of custom timers. TimeThisFree is limited to 1 timer at a time.
- Customize the name for each of your timers (defaults to 'Timer')
- Universal App
- Retina display support
*The ticking sound is only audible while the app is open.
Note: Remember to check that mute is off and the device volume level is acceptable. You can verify this on the Settings screen by listening to the 3 second sound preview.
The full alarms will sound for approximately 30 seconds or until cancelled.
Some handy TimeThisFree usage ideas:
- Going for a walk or run
- Warming the baby bottle
- Sharing computer time for the kids
- Feeding the animals
- Checking dinner
- Leaving for that trip
- Getting 8 hours sleep
- Filling the bath
- Watering the garden
- Playing timed games
- Overseas phone calls
- Taking a water saving shower
- Infusing a tea bag
You will constantly be finding more uses for TimeThisFree in your daily life.
In future updates, even more icons and alarm sounds will be added!