Spooky Story Dice is a creative tool to prompt ideas for plot, character, and setting. This idea generator can be used effectively for both written and oral storytelling.
SPECIAL HALLOWEEN LIMITED EDITION of our app Story Dice.
Spooky Story Dice is ideal for kids old enough to enjoy a spooky story. Really, the age limit is set by the storyteller. Ages 9+ would enjoy this the most!
The user interface is simple enough for anyone to use. The use of the app does not require reading, so it is an ideal tool for using in a story circle (see lesson plans) as well as a general writing prompt without reading or native language barriers.
-High-resolution graphics supporting Retina Display
-Choose number of dice to roll, 1-3.
-Realistic dice sounds and still images.
-74 pictures in dictionary; 21 are unique to this Spooky Edition!
-Swipe to view previous rolls.
-No reading necessary.
-Optional game instructions included in app.
1. Charades - Use the single die roll to determine a charade item.
2. Stories With Friends - Form a circle. Roll the Spooky Story Dice (any number, 1-3). Create a sentence including all of the items from the dice. Pass to the next person and repeat, adding onto the story each time.
3. Song Challenge - Roll a single spooky story die. Come up with a song that includes that item in the lyrics.
4. Poems With Friends - Same Stories With Friends, and create rhyming lines.
5. Drama Club - Roll dice (any number). Form a character using these items, then create an improv skit with friends as your characters!
Spooky Story Dice generates great ideas to campfire storytellers, scout leaders, camp counselors, and more!
KNOW WHAT'S INSIDE
As a MOMs with Apps member, we follow the
"Know what's inside" best practices for kids’ apps