INCLUDES OFFLINE MAP - NO DATA CONNECTION NEEDED
Everyone has used an audio guide inside a museum before. Well now you can have your own audio guide outside as you walk through the streets of London!
Using GPS and a compass, your phone becomes your own personal tour guide around London, taking you easily from one stop to the next with turn by turn instructions. You can start when you want, finish when you want, and wander off and explore whenever you want.
With 15 stops, this app includes a detailed audio guide, written by people who are passionate about the history that surrounds them. It also contains historical photographs and pictures to help you understand what St James was like in the past.
St James, official home of the monarchy, has been one of the smartest addresses in London since King Henry VIII moved here. With St James Palace, its exclusive clubs and some of the oldest shops in London, it is a part of London that is brimming with history. Some of the things that you will find on this walk include:
- Green Park
- where Bowler hats come from
- St James Palace
- London's grandest private mansions
- scene of the last duel in London
- the only surviving stable block in St James
- one of the oldest pubs in London
- where shopping for pleasure began
- the origins of London's aristocratic clubs
- Fortnum & Mason
- the very first red telephone box
- meet Beau Brummel, the original style guru
- Piccadilly Circus' bright lights
There is no need to incur any costly data roaming charges with this app. All the maps are included in the app.
Start: Green Park underground station
Stop: Piccadilly Circus
Duration: This walk has 15 stops and can be completed in 2 hours. However, allow more time if you want to stop off and explore (which we always recommend).
Enjoy your WalkAppBout!