Start your child on their reading journey with Tap the Cat. Suitable for 4-6 year olds, each of the 9 playful activities builds and reinforces a different literacy skill – from letter sounds, rhyming words and phonics to colouring, vocabulary, speaking and handwriting.
Tap the Cat appeals to your child’s natural sense of play with a wide variety of different activities. Your child can match spaceship letters, drag letters to make words, hop a rabbit home, match words to pictures, build their vocabulary and paint pictures. Each activity will keep them motivated and engaged with colourful animations, catchy music, fun sound effects and reward screens.
With an emphasis on touch, Tap the Cat helps build the fine motor skills needed for handwriting as your child writes letters and words using correct letter formation, as well as colouring in pictures.
Featuring voice feedback interactivity, Tap the Cat helps boost your child’s word pronunciation skills, as they record their own voice, and then play back what they said!
Tap the Cat is brought to you by the makers of popular educational website Reading Eggs – a team of educators with more than 20 years’ experience in early childhood education, who believe learning to read should be fun, motivating, and full of success.
- Suitable for children aged 4 – 6.
- Includes 9 activities, playable at 2 levels of difficulty.
- Develops key early literacy skills including upper and lower case letters, rhyming, phonics, comprehension, encoding words, vocabulary, sight words and reading a book.
- Helps build essential motor skills through touch-based activities including handwriting, painting, and arranging letters to form a word.
- Your child can record and play back their own voice to practice word pronunciation.
- An extra special feature allows your child to create an e-book of all their completed drawings and recordings. Once all 9 activities are completed, this e-book will unlock and their writing, pictures and voice recordings will come to life.