Discover one of the most enchanting spots in Paris: the Palais-Royal. Our guide, Ulrike Kasper, an artists and professor of history of arts, will guide you through a fascinating walk. She talks about the history and people, kings, philosophers and revolutionaries, who haunt this monument and the surrounding galleries. The guides is includes an original text, practical information, modern and historic illustrations, as well as a captivating audio version by a storyteller, which, we are sure, will make your visit even more agreeable.
« The Palais-Royal is "the capital in the capital", a city within a city incessantly enthusing one and all. Blending political and cultural history to contemporary culture, the palace is a true image of Paris. Rare are the sites that can demonstrate such concentration of historical events. Amidst takeovers, rebellions, festivals and transient pleasures, the palace would hosts aristocracy at times and common man at others. The facades and sculptures of the Palais-Royal reveal the different layers of French history from the 17th to the 20th centuries.
We will walk in the steps of Richelieu, Louis XIV, Molière, Corneille, Lully, Diderot, Desmoulins, and Cocteau, who lived or went there, and discover the political, literary and cultural events that have shaped this extraordinary edifice.
The Blue Lion Guides:
- Richly illustrated texts, written by experts
- Encyclopedic references
- Maps of the area and walking itineraries
- Practical information (transportation, opening hours of monuments, restaurants, activities for children, etc.)
- Audio version, read by professional actors to make your discovery of the city more agreeable and comfortable
- No Internet connection required and no roaming: all the content is downloaded with the app
- Directly compatible iPhone/iPad
Other guides will be soon available on App Store!
Contact us: email@example.com