With this lite App published by Blue Lion Guides, discover the Palais-Royal in Paris. Let us guide you through a fascinating walk, and discover the hidden and historic treasures of this monument, but also those of the surrounding galleries. Through illustrated texts (available as well in French), practical information and audio version, this guide will give you an idea about the two hours cultural tour we are proposing in the integral version.
« The Palais-Royal is "the capital in the capital", a city within a city incessantly enthusing one and all. Blending political and cultural history to contemporary culture, the palace is a true image of Paris. Rare are the sites that can demonstrate such concentration of historical events. Amidst takeovers, rebellions, festivals and transient pleasures, the palace would hosts aristocracy at times and common man at others. The facades and sculptures of the Palais-Royal reveal the different layers of French history from the 17th to the 20th centuries.
We will walk in the steps of Richelieu, Louis XIV, Molière, Corneille, Lully, Diderot, Desmoulins, and Cocteau, who lived or went there, and discover the political, literary and cultural events that have shaped this extraordinary edifice.
The Blue Lion guides:
- Richly illustrated texts, written by experts
- Wikipedia references
- Maps of the area and walks itineraries
- Practical information (transportation, opening hours of monuments, restaurants, activities for children, etc.)
- Audio version, read by professional actors, to make your discovery of the city more agreeable and comfortable
- No Internet connection required and no roaming: all the content is downloaded with the App
- Directly compatible on iPhones and iPads
Other guides are available on AppStore!
Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org