Guess What? from I Can Do Apps is an educational app consisting of four clues and one answer designed to help individuals work on inferencing: making predictions and deductive reasoning skills. Inferencing is an important skill for early reading comprehension and determining implied meaning in text.
The goal of this app is to use the clues provided to guess what is hiding behind the mystery card. Manually reveal the clues one at a time which allows time to discuss each clue. Press the answer button when you think you have the answer to reveal the photograph. The answer can only be seen after at least two clues are viewed which helps reduce over eager or impulsive guessing. This interactive teaching tool can be used by parents, teachers, therapists and individuals to further develop skills of inferencing, predicting, deductive reasoning, auditory memory, vocabulary, word finding, reading comprehension, building semantic knowledge and answering questions.
- Four clues - one answer
- 100+ pictures of real objects
- Teaching tool for speech and language development
- Developed by a Speech Language Pathologist
- Random questions - no two sessions are alike
- Turn on/off word label
- Turn on/off sound
- No In-App purchases
- No ads
- Aligned with the Common Core Standards (CCS)
- "Parental gate" to view our other apps
- We don’t collect personal information
Follow us on Twitter: @ICanDoApps
FaceBook: I Can Do Apps LLC