ATTENTION, PILOTS: LEARN TO PREVENT RUNWAY INCURSIONS!
Getting Around On The Ground™ 3.0 is the only interactive, multimedia tool for pilots that teaches the types of airport markings, signage, and lighting. It also goes beyond simple technical knowledge by outlining hazards, safety tips, and procedures that will help keep you aware, knowledgeable, and safe on the ground.
By completing all the content and taking the Final Exam, you can qualify to obtain credit for the FAA WINGS program. The WINGS program is a continuing education program for pilots, sponsored by the FAA. You'll not only learn to be a safer pilot on the airport surface—you'll also be able to prove your commitment to flight safety with your WINGS account. (Aviation Tutorials is a WINGS Training Provider.)
As a bonus, you're entitled to a download of Airport Simulator (for Windows or Mac), a 3-D airport taxi simulator, whereby you interact with Air Traffic Control in 40 different scenarios! Practice real-time taxi operations, while avoiding runway incursions. Set day/night/dusk, reduce the visibility, and more. This download is available for Windows or Mac, but it not available on iPad at this time.
As an overview, Getting Around On The Ground™ 3.0 provides:
* Full sound narration to make learning easy
* 3D graphics that show the airport environment from ground view
* Skills for preventing runway incursions
* Complete descriptions and visuals of airport markings, signs, and lighting
* Methods of incorporating knowledge of markings, signs, and lighting in your flight operations
* Ground procedures
* Safety "Quick Tips" that you can use immediately
* Case Studies of real-world runway incursion incidents and accidents
* A final exam
Getting Around On The Ground™ 3.0 also contains:
* 1.5 hours of narrated instruction
* 16 instructional sections
* 125 original 3D graphics and animations
* 60 quiz questions
* 17 "Quick Tips"
* A 50-question final exam
NOTE: Airport Simulator™ is a separate training component which is only available in the desktop version of Getting Around On The Ground for Windows and Mac. For details, visit www.avtutorials.com.