Via is a smarter way to get around your city. Using the Via app, book a premium ride from your phone that costs little more than the subway! Ride anywhere within our service area for the same flat fare.
Our revolutionary technology allows passengers to seamlessly share their ride with others going their way. Book a ride and in under a second our powerful algorithm matches you with a premium vehicle that will pick you up on your corner in about 5 minutes. Think of Via as on-demand transit - a tech-enabled bus that comes to the corner when and where you need it.
>Cities we serve:
- Via anywhere in Manhattan south of 125th st.
- Ride weekdays anytime from 6am to midnight: rides from 6am to 8pm are $5 (plus tax), rides from 8pm to midnight are $5.95 (plus tax)
- Ride Saturdays anytime from 10am to midnight for $5.95 (plus tax)
- Ride Sundays anytime from 10am to 9pm for $5.95 (plus tax)
- Via to/from Manhattan (south of 125th st.) to JFK and LaGuardia airports
- Ride weekdays anytime from 6am to midnight, Saturdays anytime from 10am to midnight, and Sundays anytime from 10am to 9pm
- Ride to/from LGA for $24.95 (plus tax and applicable tolls)
- Ride to/from JFK for $39.95 (plus tax and applicable tolls)
- Each additional passenger riding in your party is just $5
- Via anywhere in the Loop, West Loop, River North, or Lincoln Park and Lakeview (east of Sheffield)
- Ride weekdays anytime from 6:30am to 9pm
- All rides are $3.95 (plus tax)
- Via anywhere from Cleveland Park, Mt. Pleasant & Columbia Heights down to the Mall & NoMa
- Ride weekdays between 7am and 10am and 4pm to 9pm
- All rides are $2.95 during our promotional beta
>How does Via work?
-Via is an on-demand transit system that takes multiple passengers heading in the same direction and books them into a shared vehicle. Using the Via app, input your address and we’ll match you with a vehicle going your way. We’ll pick you up on a nearby corner and drop you off within a few blocks of your requested destination. Our smart algorithms provide trip times that are comparable to other car services (yellow taxi, cab, Uber, Lyft, Gett, black car) and much more convenient than public transportation (subway, train, bus), even with multiple pick-ups along the way.
>How many passengers will I share a car with?
-The number of passengers you will share a ride with varies depending on the make and model of the Via-cle picking you up! Capacities range from 3-6 passengers per Via-cle.
-You can pay for Via with a variety of commuter benefits debit cards including WageWorks, TransitChek, Beniversal, eTRAC, Commuter Check, Benefit Strategies, Ameriflex, TRANServe, and Zenefits. Members using commuter benefits debit cards always ride in cars that seat six or more. Why take public transportation (subway, train, or bus) when you can take a premium, convenient ride for only a few dollars more?
Riding with Via costs just a few dollars more than the bus. After your first five rides, keep riding for the lowest price available when you prepay (prepaying is easy - just buy Ride Credit in your app). Without prepayment, rides incur an additional $2 surcharge in NYC & Chicago and an additional $1 surcharge in DC.
Try the on-demand transit app that is smarter than the subway, better than the bus, and cheaper than a taxi. We look forward to having you ride with us!
Love our app? Please rate us! Questions? Email us at email@example.com.