* Discover an easy and fun way to improve reading skills through the proven skill of Visual Constancy
* Assisting every child to learn to read and develop better reading skills, irrespective of their current ability or age
* The best app for improving primary children's reading skills in the app store
* Designed specifically for the iPad
* Designed by a specialist teacher with a Post Grad Diploma in Dyslexia & Literacy and a Graduate Certificate in ASD
* Full version includes all 26 letters of the alphabet presented in a range of fonts
Learning to read with Byron was created by Tracy Ashbridge, a well qualified and experienced teacher of students with learning difficulties, in conjunction with app developers Section 31 Pty Ltd.
For many years Tracy Ashbridge has been helping struggling readers and remediating reading problems. Teaching children to read is a vital life skill and for students with learning disabilities this requires additional resources to improve reading skills.
Learning to read with Byron – Visual Constancy is one of an evolving collection of apps designed to support children learning to read.
The main character is a bear called Byron, who makes the learning experience both visually appealing and fun!
Learning to read with Byron is a reading game, which specifically targets the development of visual form constancy. It was created to provide a reading app for kids to develop their skills in identifying letters when presented in different fonts or forms. Many students have difficulties with recognizing letters when they are presented in different fonts. Visual Constancy is the ability to mentally manipulate forms of the letters. This skill helps children distinguish differences in size, shape and orientation. Students with Visual Constancy difficulties often reverse letters and numbers.
Learning to read with Byron – Visual Constancy Activities for Children Features:
* Learn to recognize letters in their different fonts whilst reinforcing tracking skills
* Learn to discriminate specific letters
* Improve your reading skills
* Errorless learning to increase speed and accuracy of learning
* Email your results to parents and teachers
* Build up your speed and accuracy
* Beat your own time
* A leader board to keep track of kids progress
* Designed for multiple student use
* Supports behavioural optometrist programmes
* Clean and simple interface specifically designed for the iPad
* Intuitive for children to use
* Hand drawn Byron the bear designed to be appealing to children
* Full version is ad free
* Parents of children for use in the home
* Classroom teachers
* Specialist teacher for children with reading difficulties
* Still undecided? Try our lite version for FREE!
Just search for "Learning to Read with Byron - Visual Constancy Lite"
Feedback and Support:
To let us know what you think or for other enquiries, please contact us at:
Recommended ages: normally developing readers 3-6yrs, readers with reading difficulties up to 11yrs