What's Singlish? It's the official Singaporean colloquial language that's usually a mixture of English, Mandarin, Tamil, Malay, and other local dialects like Hokkien, Cantonese or Teochew. It sounds quirky, especially with thick local accents. Fortunately for you, we’ve amassed this stockpile of common Singlish terms, funny expressions, abbreviations, even food and drink names so you can feel right at home conversing and travelling around Singapore!
This fun FREE app comes packed with nifty features:
1. Hundreds of hilarious Singlish Slangs!
2. Cool accelerometer tie-in (shake the phone to see new Singlish Slang)
3. Add to Favorites feature
4. Favorites screen with social sharing (share your fav Slangs!)
5. Share to Facebook, Twitter, and email
6. Unlock common Singlish Expressions (“Don’t play play!”)
7. Huge collective Singlish Abbreviations / Acronyms (MBS=Marina Bay Sands)
8. Travel Singapore and order like a local using our F&B (Food and Beverage) references (What’s “Ice-Kosong”?)
Disclaimer : All app content is intended for entertainment purposes, spelling and grammar variations may exist and change. Common terms and expressions are also very much influenced by the local media and subject to change. You should not regard any of the material as fact.