Texas Ornithological Society provides this FREE app to help you find birds around Texas!!
Based on the popular BirdsEye bird finding app, the Texas Ornithological Society App lets you:
• Includes all the regularly occurring birds found in Texas.
• Get an instant list of birds reported recently near you, at any of thousands of birding hotspots across the world, or any random point on the map!
• BAR CHARTS showing seasonal abundance for each bird
• See a list of “needs” - species recently reported nearby that aren't on your life or year list
• Reports of NOTABLE birds in your area
• Automatically sync your life or year lists with eBird for the world, country, or state/department!
• Support for several version of Spanish bird names, scientific names, French and several other language options
IMPORTANT NOTE: It is not a field guide but a tool to help you see which birds are being seen nearby and throughout Texas.
Get a FREE Birds in the Hand account to:
• Back up your life lists
• Sync your life lists with eBird
• See NEEDS lists based on birds not currently on your life list
• Sync your account across devices.
Subscribe to an optional monthly BIRDSEYE MEMBERSHIP to:
• Unlock all the media available in the app for each bird (new photos and updates available daily)
• View up to 10 checklists for Notable and Rare species (vs 3 for non-members)
• Search for Notables up to 100 & 250 miles from current location (vs up to 50 miles for non-members)
• Unlimited Favorite Locations (vs 3 for non-members)
We are committed to supporting the birding community and bird conservation through the eBird project. We think they’re worth it—now and for the future of birds and their habitats.
MORE ON BIRDSEYE:
BirdsEye uses your device's GPS to display all recent sightings near your current spot out to any distance you select from 1 to 250 miles (or km).
Looking for a specific bird? Search for birds by name (or code) to find out where it has been seen recently, and show you the exact location on a map.
BirdsEye Texas OS provides essential distribution, behavior and habitat text from Kenn Kaufman to help you find the bird once you get to the right spot. Stunning and detailed photographs from many top birders, bird photographers and guides will help remind you of the field marks you're looking for.
If you use eBird, you can import your eBird year or life lists for the whole world, the ABA area, a country, a single State/Province or even your county! You can also manually enter your life list or edit the list imported from eBird. Your lists are automatically backed up online.
BirdsEye is optimized for display on your iPhone and your iPod Touch, and also works as an iPhone app on iPad.
Your BIRDSEYE MEMBERSHIP will automatically renew each month and your credit card will be charged through your iTunes account. You can turn off auto-renew at any point from your iTunes account settings. Go to birdseyebirding.com/privacy for more information.