Over 75 beloved Christmas Carols from countries and cultures all around the world!
Each carol includes the full text in the original language, with an English translation.
Each includes recordings, some by professional musicians, but many by ordinary people who have contributed them to us, to help preserve their culture.
Most include beautiful illustrations.
Many have commentary sent to us by our correspondents who write about the history of the songs and what they meant in their lives.
If you know someone who you think the carol would mean a lot to, you can email the lyrics to them from within the app.
We've included beloved favorites from all over the world like "Tu scendi dalle stelle (You Come Down from the Stars)" from Italy, "Guillô prends ton tambourin (Patapan)" from France, and Cantos para pedir posada (Carol to Ask for Lodging) from Mexico. We've also included English language favorites like "Good King Wenceslas", and spirituals like "Go Tell It On The Mountain".
Christmas Carols Around The World is produced by Mama Lisa's World, where we believe sharing our cultures will help bring the world closer together.
We hope this app will help foster a love of international Christmas Carols!
This app includes:
* Over 75 Christmas Carols from around the world
* Full text of each carol in the original language
* English translations
* Recordings of every carol, many by ordinary people who have contributed them
* Commentary from ordinary people about what the carols have meant to their lives
* Ability to Email lyrics to friends and family
You'll find over 75 Christmas Carols from around the world, including:
* Es wird scho glei dumpa (It's Almost Dark), from Austria
* Tochter Zion, freue dich (Daughter of Zion, Rejoice), from Germany
* みつかい の しゅなる おおきみ, Mitsukai No Shunaru Ookimi (O Come All Ye Faithful), Japanese Version
* Sinterklaas Kapoentje (St. Nicolas Little Rascal), from Netherlands
* Na świętego Mikołaja (On St. Nicholas Day), from Poland
* Alegría, alegría, alegría (Joy, Joy, Joy), from Puerto Rico
* Щедрик, Shchedryk (Bountiful Night), from Ukraine
* Nadal tindaire (Jingling Christmas), from Occitania
And many more!